Here’s an interesting little known FACT in life: nearly any recipe tastes better when given a Tex-Mex “makeover.” No really! Great for dinner or for your next game watching party, reach for these rolls instead of the deep fried rolls from your local sports bar. Easy to customize to complement your diet and goals.
Ingredients for about 8 egg rolls:
- 1 lb chicken breast (raw)
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 3/4 cup black beans (drained, low sodium)
- 3/4 cup corn (drained if you use canned)
- 1 vine tomato (chopped)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumble
- 1 tbsp 2% Greek yogurt (optional)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chipotle chili
- 2 tsp smoked paprika (optional but recommended)
Steps and Tips:
- Set oven to 405F.
- Boil water and toss in chicken breast and allow to cook for about 8 – 10 minutes. Remove chicken breast from the water and chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients listed above. Make sure that your mixture is not “too wet” and soggy, to avoid soaking through the egg roll wrapper, so drain all ingredients before adding to the bowl.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a dry surface and add about 3 heaping tbsp of the mixture to the wrapper. Fold in the corners and then roll. Repeat.
- Place the egg rolls on a baking sheet, spray with coconut oil and place in the oven. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until the edges and sides of the egg roll brown. For best results, flip the egg rolls halfway through baking in order to ensure all sides are equally cooked.
Approximate macros for 1 of 8 rolls:
185 calories, 19g carbs, 21g protein, 4g fat, 2g fiber, 1g sugar