If you’re running low on cash but need to keep your protein high, remember you can always use egg (whites) to boost the protein content of any meal!
- 1 ripe avocado (small – medium)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 cup chopped cucumber
- fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp coriander (optional)
- sea salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp 2% Greek yogurt (IF budget allows)
- Boil eggs. When finished boiling, immediately place in ice cold water, which will help with peeling.
- Remove the pit from the avocado and carve out the contents of the avocado into a bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Peel the eggs and slice open. Remove the yolk and save for later or discard. Dice the egg white into small pieces.
- Add cucumber, cilantro, lime juice and mix with a fork. Season to taste.
283 calories, 14g carbs, 21g fat, 14g protein, 12g fiber, 2g sugar