This post is also available in: Spanish
One of my favorite salads that I made in 2013 was a chicken avocado salad. It really went well with just about anything- wheat bread, rice cakes, pita bread, etc.
It’s quick, delicious, filling and nutritious! Give it a try and make it your own!
Ingredients for 1 or 2 servings:
- 6oz chicken breast
- 1 whole wheat pita
- 1.5 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/4 cup red onions
- tomato slices, lettuce
- Seasonings: garlic, cumin, sea salt & pepper to taste
15-Second Video Tutorial:
- Season chicken breast and cook in a nonstick skillet.
- Once it is finished, chop chicken into pieces.
- In a bowl, mix Greek yogurt, chopped avocado, cucumber and red onions.
- Add chicken to the bowl and mix.
- Add tomato slices and lettuce to the pita and stuff with the chicken salad.
Approx macros: 452 calories, 46g protein, 38g carbs, 15g fat