Ditch the cream of chicken soup, butter and mayonnaise and try this heart healthier version of a family classic. Good for your muscles and easy on the tastebuds.
Ingredients for up to 4 servings:
- 15oz cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chicken broth (add more if you find it too dry but be careful not to make it “soupy”)
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella
- 2 cups cooked quinoa & brown rice mix
- 2 cups raw broccoli chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion
- ~1/2 cup crushed amaranth flakes or wheat breadcrumbs or panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Set oven to 375F.
- Cook chicken breast in a nonstick skillet with no seasoning. Tear into pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix chicken, broccoli, brown rice, red onions, Greek yogurt, chicken broth, mozzarella and Italian seasoning
- Evenly divide among the jars or a large casserole dish.
- Top with wheat breadcrumbs or amaranth flakes. Bake for 25 minutes at 375F.
Approximate macros for 1 of 4 servings (only 3 jars are shown):
466 calories, 56g protein, 35g carbs, 12g fat, 3g fiber, 6g sugar