This post is also available in: Spanish
The number 1 rule to follow when making breakfast:
There are no rules.
Just make it healthy. Oh, and eat like a viking, especially if you’re trying to build muscle.
Here are things I like to incorporate:
- lean protein (such as chicken)
- healthy fat (such as egg, avocado)
- complex carbohydrate (such as Ezekiel bread, quinoa, oats)
- veggie (such as spinach, arugula)
- fruit (such as berries, watermelon)
Ingredients for this sandwich: spicy grilled chicken breast, 1 egg, arugula, tomato and goat cheese on a toasted wheat bun (watermelon not shown). Boom.