This post is also available in: Spanish
Starting your day off with a healthy and hearty breakfast is always a great way to start your day. And it’s even better when you can make it for 2!
Here’s a delicious frittata for 2 for a fit couple, or one hungry gym rat!
Ingredients for a frittata for 1 to 3 persons:
- 6oz chicken breast (pre-grilled and cut into chunky pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 250g yam (skin on and cut into small pieces)
- ½ medium sized zucchini (cut into ¼ inch thick slices)
- 1 ripe tomato (cut into slices)
- ¼ cup red onions, sliced into thin half rings
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup low fat crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Seasonings to taste: paprika, Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning, sea salt & pepper
- Pre-heat an oven to 375 F.
- Clean the yam by rinsing and rubbing under water. Cut into slices, then cubes, leaving the skin on. Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the yam pieces, sear in a cast iron skillet and bake for 20 minutes in the pre-heated oven. The yam should be soft but firm.
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the yam, in the same skillet, with the chicken, zucchini slices, red onion rings and tomato slices.
- Pour the egg mixture over ingredients in the skillet and top with goat cheese if desired.
- Return the skillet to the oven and bake for another 25 minutes.
Approx macros per frittata of 1 of 2 servings: 486 calories, 42g protein, 38g carbs, 12g fat. Again, this recipe can serve up to 3.