I served up chicken mole with a side of quinoa and a summer salad. See instructions, ingredients, and steps for my meal below.
I just followed Kevin’s recipe for the chicken mole which can be found here: http://fitmencook.com/healthy-chocolate-chicken-mole-meal-prep/
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/4 of a red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 anaheim peppers
- 1 tbsp of chicken consome
- 3 cilantro stems
- 2 cups of water
- Blend the garlic, red onions, and roma tomatoes for 30 seconds.
- Wash quinoa if not already pre-washed.
- Place quinoa in non stick skillet with high heat. Add blender mixture and the 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Add chopped up bell peppers and sliced Anaheim peppers and mix in.
- Add chicken consome seasoning.
- Lower heat to simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- Once the quinoa absorbs water and is fluffy, uncover and stir a bit and then add cilantro stems.
- Let the quinoa continue to simmer uncovered for another 5 minutes and continue to stir occasionally.
I mixed spinach, arugula, pecans, strawberries, and apples.