Eating healthy and building muscle on a budget is definitely possible!
Not only will this meal satisfy your wallet, but also it will get those muscles on the road to recovery for your next brutal gym session. This is one of my favorite meals to enjoy following a nice workout. It has a nice combination of sweet & savory flavors with high quality protein & complex carbohydrates to feed the muscles.
- 6oz extra lean ground turkey
- 150g sweet potato (baked)
- 3/4 Roma tomato (diced)
- 1/8 cup low sodium black beans
- 1/8 cup green onions
- Seasonings: 1 tbsp McCormick low sodium chili seasoning, Mrs. Dash Chipotle seasoning (optional)
- Bake a sweet potato in the oven until soft.
- Set a skillet on medium heat and add ground meat .
- Chop the meat in the skillet with a spatula and add seasonings while it is cooking. When the meat is 70% finished, add tomatoes, green onions and black beans. Mix together using a spatula.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet and cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- When the sweet potato has finished baking, slice it in half and scoop out just a little from the top to create a small hole.
- Top the sweet potato with the chili mixture from the skillet.
Approx macros: 381 calories, 47g protein, 41g carbs, 3g fats