Perfect flavorful side dish or appetizer for holiday cooking; and even good enough to make your weekly meal prep menu.
Ingredients for up to 6 servings:
- ~1.5lb lean flank steak
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 (medium thick) asparagus spears
- 3 stalks kale
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp organic raw honey
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic (paste)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- juice from 1 mandarin orange
- Set oven to 375F.
- Cut your vegetables into thin strips/pieces.
- Slice flank steak in half to make it thinner, then cut into several strips.
- In a bowl, mix ingredients of the marinade together. Set aside about 1/4 cup marinade for brushing after baking. Add steak strips and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Take a strip of steak and place it flat down on a plate or table. Add zucchini, 1 asparagus spear, carrots, bell pepper and kale. Roll it up and repeat until all steak has been used. If needed, you can use a toothpick to secure the rolls.
- Sear the rolls in a nonstick skillet for about 1 minute in order to “cook close” the rolls. Place the rolls on a baking rack and bake for 15 minutes at 375F. Brush the baked steak rolls with the marinade that you set aside.
Approximate macros for 1 of 6 servings:
221 calories, 23g protein, 7g carbs, 10g fat, <1 g fiber, 7g sugar
PIN AND SHARE: