This post is also available in: Spanish
Recreating healthier versions of your favorite meals is a great way to add variety to your diet. Asian cuisines are among the most savory and exciting so it’s fairly easy to draw inspiration from popular dishes. This chicken pad thai recipe is just what your meal prep needed.
Always remember to adjust portions and serving sizes to complement YOUR diet.
Ingredients for 3 – 4 servings:
- 18oz raw chicken breasts
- 4oz (56g) flat brown rice noodles
- 3 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1.5 cup bean sprouts
- fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (or fish sauce)
- 1/8 cup Coconut Aminos (low sodium soy sauce)
- 1/8 cup Red chili pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- juice from 1 lime
- Boil brown rice noodles. Drain and set aside.
- Chop up veggies – bell pepper, mushrooms, green onions, limes, cilantro.
- Slice chicken breast into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix rice vinegar or fish sauce, coconut sugar, red chili pepper sauce, & fresh lime juice.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with coconut oil, then add garlic paste. Toss in chicken breast pieces and cook.
- Finally, add noodles, then fresh veggies and the sauce.
- Build your meals.
378 calories, 42g protein, 41g carbs, 5g fat, 3g fiber, 10g sugar (to reduce sugar, simply use 1 tbsp coconut sugar)