If you’re like me, you cannot pass a taco stand without wanting to grab a taco. Only downside is that generally doesn’t complement your overall diet plan. The meat and tortillas are usually cooked in grease or butter, adding unnecessary saturated fat to your diet. But that doesn’t mean you cannot still enjoy the food we’ve all come to love and appreciate. Here’s my FitMenCook version street tacos.
Ingredients for 3 tacos:
- 6 oz lean flank steak
- 3 Food for Life corn tortillas
- choice of raw veggie – I used purple cabbage for color since I like to eat at least 3 different colors for each meal
- fresh cilantro
- avocado-lime salad dressing
- Seasoning for steak: cumin, chipotle chili pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic
- Season flank steak with cumin, chipotle chili, cayenne pepper and garlic paste.
- Set a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and add seasoned flank steak. Cook until desired readiness.
- Chop flank steak into tiny pieces and set aside.
- Prepare the avocado-lime dressing according to the instructions in the link.
- Chop up veggies (purple cabbage), limes and fresh cilantro.
- Warm corn tortillas in the oven or the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Build your taco – add cabbage, meat, dressing, cilantro and fresh lime juice.
Approximate macros (without dressing):
510 calories, 52g protein, 35g carbs, 17g fat, 5g fiber, 2g sugar