This post is also available in: Spanish
Here’s a quick, easy way to freshen your weekly meal prep if you’re tired of the same bakes sweet potato and brown rice recipe.
These southwest stuffed sweet potatoes are loaded with complex carbohydrates and savory flavors to satisfy your hunger and feed that hard-earned muscle.
And it’s family friendly so it is something you can make in bulk for the entire family.
INGREDIENTS for 5 servings:
- 2 lb chicken breasts (measured raw)
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- Each “hollowed out” sweet potato half is about 150g; remember to use the leftover portion to make creamy mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup black beans (optional)
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup corn
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 2/3 bell pepper
- 3 green onions
- 1 zucchini
- 5 tbsp mozzarella (optional)
- Seasonings: cayenne, paprika, sea salt, pepper
Approximate macros for 1 serving of 150g stuffed sweet potato (with beans) and 6oz chicken breast: