Besides being considered a superfood because it is packed with a variety of healthy fats and nutrients, avocados are among the most versatile foods to enhance any dish and liven any diet. And when you run out of ideas, simply stuff them. Keep it easy, simple & delicious. Boom.
- 5oz tilapia (measured raw)
- 1/2 large Haas avocado
- 1/2 cup black beans (cooked)
- 1/3 cup corn (steamed)
- 1 oz pico de gallo
- fresh lime
- Either bake raw tilapia in the oven, OR use your cooked tilapia from your weekly meal preparation. If you bake in the oven, simply lightly season with sea salt, pepper, garlic and cumin.
- Slice an avocado in half and remove the pit. Slice the inside of the avocado horizontally & vertically to create cubes, and remove them with a spoon. Dice larger chunks into smaller cubes.
- In a bowl mix diced avocado, black beans, corn & pico de gallo. Season to taste using sea salt & pepper and fresh cilantro.
- Flake tilapia into a bowl using a fork. Toss it into the bowl with other ingredients and mix.
- Re-stuff the avocado or simply eat as a salad. Another great option is to pour it over a bed of fresh, raw spinach.
Approx macros: 404 calories, 36g protein, 37g carbs, 16g fat