Time to dust off your muffin pan! This is likely the easiest meal you’ll ever prep in mass in virtually no time at all. And, it’s very easy to add your own swag and flavor to the dish.
- 5 oz. extra lean ground turkey
- ¾ cup diced red onions & bell peppers
- ⅓ cup low sodium marinara sauce
- 1 cup raw spinach
- Seasonings: parsley, basil, garlic, onion, dash of coriander, pepper, sea salt (pinch)
- Suggested carbs: ½ cup whole wheat rainbow pearl couscous (measured dry, uncooked)
- 1 tbsps. olive tapenade (optional for couscous)
- Fruit (optional): pineapple and papaya slices
- Utensils: muffin pan
- Set oven to 405F.
- Season ground turkey with your choice of seasonings. Add in your choice of diced veggies.
- Lightly spray your muffin pan with coconut oil. Place the ground turkey inside of the muffin holders. Depending on how big your muffin pan is and your singular serving, you may have to use 2 muffin holders for each serving.
- Top each serving with 1 tbsp. marinara sauce.
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes. If you use less lean ground turkey, you can consider increasing the cooking time to 10-12 minutes.
- Boil couscous using water and low sodium chicken or vegetable broth. Add cilantro or onions while cooking for added flavor. Set aside and allow to cool. Add 1 tbsps. olive tapenade to couscous if desired.
Approx macros (without fruit and optional ingredients): 357 calories, 41g protein, 38g carbs, 4g fat