This post is also available in: Spanish
Need a grab-and-go solution for busy mornings? Try this spin on the traditional egg breakfast muffins that will satisfy your tastebuds and stop the stomach growling because your body is telling you to “FEED ME!”
These muffins are loaded with protein and complex carbohydrates to provide enough energy to power through your morning routine. Healthy eating has never tasted or looked this good. Let’s go!
Ingredients for 12 loaded muffins:
- 12 slices turkey bacon (natural, uncured, nitrate free, from turkey leg meat)
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 500g red potato (measured uncooked)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 large zucchini (chopped)
- 2/3 cup (red) bell pepper (chopped)
- 2/3 red onion (chopped)
- Seasonings: garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, cumin (optional)
- Set oven to 405F.
- Measure out portion of red potato and chop into pieces. Season with garlic, sea salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes at 405F.
- Chop up your veggies and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- Spray a muffin pan with baking spray.
- Add 1 strip of turkey bacon to a muffin mold to form a ring.
- Add a few pieces of baked red potato and then chopped veggies.
- Carefully spoon egg & cheese mixture into the muffin molds, covering the potato and veggies.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes at 375F or until the egg is completely cooked.
- When they are finished baking, allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from the mold.
- Enjoy them while they are warm. Or, place them on a cooling rack or plate to allow for further cooling to room temperature, then refrigerate and freeze package them to eat later throughout the week.
Approximate macros for 1 of 12 muffins:
FEEL FREE TO PIN OR SHARE